The social security institutions and administrations located in the "Office des assurances sociales" building at 125, route d'Esch in Hollerich have moved.
From Monday 5 June 2023, the new "Cité de la sécurité sociale" will welcome insured persons at 4, rue Mercier in Luxembourg-Gare.
From now on, the Administration for Evaluation and Controls of the long-term care insurance (AEC), the Social Security Medical Board (CMSS), the National Health Fund (CNS), the Joint Social Security Centre (CCSS) and the Accident Insurance Association (AAA) will be able to provide a better service to the insured, with more reception desks and a waiting room with 220 seats.
Thanks to its proximity to the City of Luxembourg railway station, access for the insured will be easier. The City of Luxembourg is also building 6 parking spaces for people with reduced mobility in the rue du Commerce, next to the entrance of the "Cité de la sécurité sociale".
This move was essential to meet the needs of the organisations, which require more space for their ever-growing staff. The "Cité de la sécurité sociale" will eventually allow all social security institutions to be centralised on a single site.
For the record, the "Cité de la sécurité sociale" project is divided into two phases. Following the completion of the first phase in May 2023, the second phase of construction of the "Cité de la sécurité sociale" will begin in autumn 2023. This second building will house the National Pension Insurance Fund (CNAP), the Children's Future Fund (CAE) and the Common Compensation Fund for the general Pension Scheme (FDC).
The telephone numbers of these organisations remain unchanged, with the exception of the Social Security Medical Board, whose central telephone number is (+352) 247-67500.
Postal addresses remain unchanged:
- CNS: L-2980 Luxembourg
- CCSS: L-2975 Luxembourg
- AAA: L-2976 Luxembourg
- AEC: L-2974 Luxembourg
- CMSS: B.P: 1342 L-1013 Luxembourg
For further information please visit www.citesecu.lu.
Some interesting facts:
- Total gross floor area (basement + above ground) of the building: 52,197 m2
- Gross floor area of the building: 37,333 m2
- 4 underground levels and 10 floors above ground level
- Flexible building with a minimum of 1,230 workplaces
- 18 counters for the reception of insured persons, waiting room with 220 seats
- Conference centre with multi-purpose room for approximately 150 people
- Environment certification BREEAM "excellent"
- Photovoltaic and solar thermal rooftop systems
- Construction period: March 2019 to December 2022
Cité de la sécurité sociale
4, rue Mercier
Press release by the Ministry of Social Security